Friday, October 30, 2015

Life

This week has been a really long week..and I have been doing a lot of reflecting in the chaos of it all..

We are almost at 6 months that we made the big move to Sunny Queensland, I can still remember the day that Drew found out he got the job in Brisbane, the amount of joy we felt knowing that we were going to be entering a new season..

I will be really honest in saying there have been many moments that I have not had much joy about being here, Leaving my friends and my family has been much harder then I thought.. I do miss those moments of being able to just sit with a friend till all hours of the night and chat away, I miss being able to go just down the road to visit my friend.. I miss the worship that I had at my old church, I could go on and on..

But what do I love about being here? What has happened since moving here?

The biggest thing I have seen is Drew getting better, to go from being so close to needing an colostomy bag and constant trips to hospital and operations to now being on the other side of being almost completely better from his issues has blown us away, the surgeon and nurses that have been treating drew have been so amazing... If I could put a reason down to why I believe we were meant to move here, I feel that Drews health was a major one.. I have seen such a change in Drew such a boldness that he never had before.. He can be anyone here, with no past assumptions or doubt.. To see him believe in his abilities as much as I always have and to see him live that out.. I am so proud of my husband..

For me, I am still trying to find my place! I have made some beautiful friends, who I cherish so much.. I love the church that we have become apart of and I love seeing the kids grow and build there confidence... I am going to the gym and doing my best to eat well so I can get the weight off... Next week I am sitting my entrance test for nursing,  I am so excited and nervous and ready to start the journey of becoming a midwife..

The day that drew got the job in Brisbane, is the day our lives changed, is the day that doors opened for us..

Life is hard up here and I have my moments of doubt.. But I look back at our lives in ballarat and compare it to here and I see that we are closer and happier here.. I don't feel held down by the past..


I am excited to see were we go from here :)

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're doing a great job adjusting! Praise God that Drew is doing so well. Love you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Haley! Big move! Where are you? I have some great mates in Queensland. Maybe I can introduce you to some?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Haley! Big move! Where are you? I have some great mates in Queensland. Maybe I can introduce you to some?

    ReplyDelete